SEARCHING FOR THE BLOG

WELCOME TO BLC 2 PAGE


ShoutMix chat widget

Thursday, October 30, 2008

article -mun-

CHAPTER 5 : PARENTING, GENDER AND STEREOTYPE
I have read an article the tittle is Gender Often Does Matter in Communication Between Parents and Children. This article ia written by Liz Sandoval-Lewis. This article is mention about the gender play important thing in communication between parents and their childrens. I agree with the author that mothers and fathers talk differently to their daughters and sons depends on the situation. But I'm not agree that mother talk more than father. I can see this thing just in my family. My father is a quite person but he will be angry to his children even in small matter. But my mother like to talk but she is not a angry person. My father is a controlling person. For example , one day I want to go the town with my friends my mother give a permission to me go out but my father give a permision with take a long time. That is mean that my father ask a lot of question to me like with who I go out, for what and others and after that he give a permission.But all this didn't mean I hate my father. I think he is concerne to his children especially his daughters. My brother have a same question if he want to go out. But I still love my parents because they are everything for. They do like this because they love me and my siblings. In addition they do like this because they want me be more careful and be intelligent to solve a problem when something happen.
CHAPTER 6 : BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY
I have read an article by the http://encyclopedia.farlex.com and the tittle is Rites of Passage especially in Islam. Islam is the very unique religion. This religion can be practice by the all person either young, old, poor or rich. I'm glad to be a Muslimah. According to this article, Islam have it's own ceremony either in get newborn baby, circumcision, wedding, funeral and others. Circumcision or in Islam we call as khitan is special ceremony to children especially boy. In my opinion this ceremony is one thing to go into new situation. This thing make them becoming an adult. All ceremonies in Islam not challange the Islamic condition. So we can practise all the ceremonies in our life. All this not just a ceremony only. All the ceremony have theire own advantages. We can see in funeral ceremony, all the die person either poor or rich, old or young use a same colour of 'clothe'. That is mean there are distinction between of them in what ever situation.
Reviewed by : MUNIRAH MUKHYUDDIN -1080954-

No comments: